The core curriculum prepares Spring Hill College students for their chosen professions, introduces them to a breadth of knowledge and perspectives, and lays the foundation for a lifetime of learning.
A Snapshot of the Core
- 4 courses in English
- Articulate your ideas with precision and force.
- 2 courses in history
- The past tells us who we are, where we are going, and why we do what we do.
- 3 courses in theology
- Faith and religion are a part of every people and culture.
- 3 courses in philosophy
- Hone your critical thinking, argumentation, and ethical reasoning skills.
- 2 courses in the social sciences
- Understanding people is essential for successful relationships.
- 2 courses in foreign language
- Understand and to communicate with other cultures.
- 3 courses in math, science, and CIS
- Gain technological fluency and scientific competence.
- 1 course in fine or performing arts
- Art opens our eyes and minds to worlds old and new.
- 4 cross-curricular courses
- 1 in cultural diversity and 3 in writing